Nickel Boron Nitride (EN-BN)
Precise plating thickness: .00012 - .0025 inches.
Hardness from 48 - 52 Rockewell C (up to 64 Rc with heat treating)
High Alloy Steel
Electroless Nickel with Boron Nitride
Electroless Nickel with Boron Nitride (ENBN) is one of the most technologically advanced, composite plating processes in the industry. Boron Nitride (BN) is a chemical compound that consists of equal numbers of boron and nitrogen atoms. The hardness of BN is inferior only to diamond. ENBN is a hard, uniform metallic coating that can be applied to most metal substrates including carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum and copper alloys to provide a wear and corrosion resistant surface. It is especially useful in extending the life of light metals such as aluminum alloys.
ENBN is a precise, hybrid-engineered coating that achieves demanding tolerances while providing superior corrosion resistance and increased hardness. Along with an exceptionally low coefficient of friction, ability to withstand temperatures up to 1,700 degrees Fahrenheit and the high abrasion resistance, ENBN is used in industries such as aerospace, defense, medical and automotive.
- Superior resistance to corrosion and wear
- Low coefficient of friction
- Eliminates the need for liquid lubricants
- Improved release properties for molds
- Uniformity in plating thickness regardless of shape
- No post plate grinding
- Can plate complex geometries
- No reduction in fatigue strength of substrates
- Allows lighter substrates in abrasive conditions
- Eco-friendly replacement to hexavalent chromium
- Can be chemically removed